French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD)
Dr Saruth (CASIC)
Dr Vang (Ministère Agriculture)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Agricultural systems in South East Asia are at a crossroads between conventional intensive models and emerging agroecological approaches. The continuous intensiﬁcation of conventional models which rely heavily on chemical inputs and capital is leading to a simpliﬁcation of agricultural landscapes, land degradation and biodiversity depletion, and to increased health risks for farmers and consumers. Moreover, beyond food and nutrition security, food safety is a rising concern, especially in relation to high pesticide residues, and to the contamination of soils and aquifers. Interestingly, agroecological approaches provide an increasing range of agricultural and market innovations towards healthier, environmental and sustainable practices.
With its comprehensive approach, the project will activate a variety of levers of the agroecological and safe food system transitions within three overlapping spheres of influence.
The project will build a common broad-based methodological framework to:
co-produce with large multi-stakeholder groups shared visions and plausible nested impact pathways of the ASSET, at flagship, national and regional levels using a Theory of Change (ToC) approach;
assess and monitor the performances and impacts of innovations and pathways to the ASSET, and identify enabling conditions;
plan and adapt action research activities at Flagship territorial level through learning
The formulation through participatory ToC tools of a federating strategy to reach the shared vision of the ASSET from local to regional levels will help transform the ALiSEA network into an open coalition of farmer organizations, policy makers, value chain operators, and research and development actors connected by a shared vision of ASSET pathways.
Knowledge generation from flagship to regional levels will feed into and be fostered through multi-stakeholder policy dialogue implemented from a local level through the flagship sites, national to ASEAN levels.
Impacts & Outcomes
Behind those impacts and outcomes, there are basically two assumptions, which ASSET’s approach is grounded on:
- Assumption 1: Strengthening the capacity and increasing the knowledge and ownership of targeted stakeholders enables them to shift towards the agroecological and safe food system transitions
- Assumption 2: Providing multi-scale evidence of the performance and multidimensional impacts of agroecological practices within safe food systems enables multiple stakeholders to support and implement the shift towards the system transitions
You are warmly invited to visit our stands on TERRI4SOL (Ivory Coast) 0069 - Restauration des sols et de la multifonctionnalité des paysages forestiers dégradés de Côte d’Ivoire (TERRI4SOL) and 4 per 1000 Outre-mer Stand 0070
Below are some useful links if you want to know more on us.A free online MOOC :
A free online MOOC on Soil and Climate, organized by Agreenium and AgroParisTech, funded by la Fondation Avril. A 6 weeks training. Register until June 7. Training from May 10 to June 20, 2021. More information on : https://www.fun-mooc.fr/fr/cours/sol-et-climat/Our projects :
Find out our projects on this map : https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/15572943c1fa4640aed5e6353d77af17
- Cocoa4Future : Cocoa4Future : remettre l’humain et l’environnement au cœur de la cacaoculture de demain
DATA4C+ : https://www.data4c-plus-project.fr/
- DScaTT mis en œuvre par notre consortium Projet de recherche sur la séquestration du carbone dans les systèmes agricoles (Sénégal, Zimbabwe) https://dscatt.net/
- 4p1000 Outre-mer : https://www.etude-4p1000-outre-mer.fr/
- Find out our projects on this map : https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/15572943c1fa4640aed5e6353d77af17
- Key thematic fiedl « Helping farming systems in the global South adapt to climate change » : https://www.cirad.fr/en/our-research/key-thematic-fields/climate-change/the-issues
Meet the team
During the indicated periods, one of the team members is available for a video chat.
Start local time (hh:mm)
Video chat link
Events & Calls
|0024 - Evidence Based Knowledge for Sustainable Pathways in the Land Sector- A Focus on Agriculture and Africa
|3pm - 5pm
|No content found.
|No content found.