GIERI is a registered non-profit organization in the DR Congo. It was created on 25 February 1997 in the D. R. Congo in Uvira (South Kivu) in accordance with Decree law of 18/03/1965 concerning NGO. Approved by the governor of the South Kivu province by the decree No. 01/143/CAB/GOUPRO-SK/2017 and by the justice minister by the decree….
GIERI’s mission is to contribute in building conditions of peace environment and to promote the community development in its range. Adopting the Australian inspired Landcare Australian principles, GIERI has several aims, including:
- Improving the nutritional requirements of the people by adopting appropriate operating framework for the rehabilitation of existing agrarian structures, victims of natural disasters or war;
- Participate in any action aimed at environmental protection and environmental sanitation;
- Rallying the community development environment based on the initiatives of the local population;
- Actively participate in advocacy activities for the promotion and socio-economic reintegration of youth.
- Develop and implement carbon Project with indigenous people in DRC to Protect Rain Forest in Congo River Bassin.
To contribute to the alleviation of poverty and vulnerable to disaster especially to facilitate their reintegration into the workforce.